This section contains electrical panel pricing for Calgary area electricians. This page should not be used as a price list or a price guarantee. Actual prices may be lower or higher depending on the specifics of the project
- Replace subpanel: $1200 – $2500
- Panel restoration: $1200-$1999
- Electrical panel or service upgrade: – $3600 to over $6000
There are many factors involved in the price of replacing or upgrading an electrical panel in Calgary. Permits for this work are required and our prices always include permits, inspections and all coordination with Enmax and the city. In Calgary, the rules and restrictions have been changing every 3 years and you want an electrical contractor who works closely with Enmax and the city of Calgary to conform to the latest codes and requirements
Factors for Electrical panel replacement or upgrade pricing:
- Location of the panel: Are there proper clearances? Can it stay in the same location or will it need to be moved per new code enforcement policies? Some policies have been in place for many years but were not enforced are now being strictly enforced. Panel locations that don’t meet current clearances used to be “grandfathered” to remain in the same location however that is no longer the case.
- Is the power coming in from overhead or underground?
- Is the incoming wire large enough for the new service?
- If underground is trenching required?
- Is the panel surface mounted or flush in the wall? Will stucco or drywall be required?
- All service upgrades must be permitted. Permits, coordination with Enmax, and city inspectors are included in our prices. This is not a project to take on yourself or entrust to an inexperienced electrician or “side jobber”. The stakes are very high, and this is not a project to hire the cheap contractor to complete. The most expensive jobs are the ones you need to do twice.